South of Wicklow Town, a private road leads out to Wicklow Head. At the end of the path are two lighthouses built around 1781. The larger of the two – which can also be rented as a holiday home – is situated on a hill. But that’s not all the lighthouses the headland has to offer. On the eastern flank of the cape is a lighthouse currently in operation and built in 1818.